Thursday, February 26, 2009

My mission in life


I had yet another “first” experience in meditation this evening. I had a huge smile plastered on my face at the end of the session.
I have found my reasons for living.

To put it another way; I have found my true reason for my existent. The reason has always been in my subconscious mind and only found the connection to my conscious mind through meditation. Most probably these are not something new but it is something that has been clarified as a mission in my life.

My goals to achieve my life's mission:

1. To spread compassion to more people; I have come to realize the importance of spreading more compassion to those in needs and help motivates others to do the same. I would want to be more involved in organizing charity events or do more volunteering work.
2. To spread love and care to children, especially those who were born without a family. To help them realize that they are not alone and be the family that they needed.
3. To be an angel to my mom. Words cannot describe just how much love and care she had given to me since the day I was born. Today, she needs me. I will simply be there.
4. To learn more about children’s education, as I would one day hope to educate more children especially orphans.

According to the book on Buddhism, births are the start of suffering. Children are born into this world to suffer from the karmic effects of their past lives. But, I know that if we are able to provide them with the right education and guidance, at least some karmic effects would be neutralized.

I have been dealing with a lot of struggles lately. Struggles not from others but within myself and I. The fear that I once suffered has been lifted upon me as I went through another session of meditation today. The simple life that I have always wanted has always been there, but blurred by artificial believes and dreams. No more of those days where my daily motivations are from goals of becoming the best in the industry, to be able to afford expensive vacations, and other make-believe fairy tale endings.

The simple life that I have always been dreaming to have is the life that I always had. The life that I have been blessed with, having my family who has always been there thru the roller-coaster ride of my life, with all the wonderful friends that I have right now and wonderful people that I will be meeting in the future. The laughter shared. The lessons learnt from older generations as well as children as young as three or four years of age. Even lessons learnt from infants are treasures if we know how to appreciate them.

Of course, not forgetting the process of finding the one person I will share my life with. Although part of me still have the fear of being abandon again, but I am happy to say that I have opened up my heart to rekindle that ability to feel love once more. Should I say that “someone” had that magic touch to guide me to feel love again?

2 comments:

  1. You know any meditation websites with quality quanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I don't know any websites on meditation. I learn the way to meditate on my own with a few guided tips from books and audio.

    ReplyDelete