Saturday, March 27, 2010

Life and Death

It is hard to say what's on my mind these days. Especially today...

Woke up at 6am this morning to prepare for QingMing Festival.

The Qingming Festival is an opportunity for celebrants to remember and honour their ancestors at grave sites. Young and old pray before the ancestors, sweep the tombs and offer food, tea, wine, chopsticks, joss paper accessories, and/or libation to the ancestors.

As I reached the my dad's grave, it was still a little impossible to digest the fact that he has died. He left us a little more than one and a half years ago. The day he left was the day I realized just how precious yet fragile life could be.

It was also then that I learn how to appreciate life and the importance of living a life of passion.


It was also then... that my daddy's little girl grew up...

Looking at his colourless photo on his tombstone... it's so upsetting to swallow the truth that my daddy is just going to be the photos and memories he left behind. As I gaze the surrounding area, the realization that death happens everyday hit me... People are dying...

I wonder if there is life after death?

Browsing through the physic section of the bookstore at one of our local malls this evening, I found a few selection of books on Life After Death. However, non of these books seems real and as I read on, the content sounds a little illogical even. I sat in the bookstore reading for two hours but found no answers to the above question.

It is a little depressing pondering on the topic of death, however, realizing death exists everyday makes me appreciate life even more. I am just so glad that I am breathing and able to wake up everyday to the bright sunshine.

Life is meant to be lived. Lived with passion and wonderful dreams. Most importantly, with people who cares and love me. I am so lucky indeed!


With every newborn, a life begins... It is a indeed a miracle gift of life!



Be thankful for each day you are able to wake up and smell the roses. Appreciate life and be grateful for every breathe you take.

No comments:

Post a Comment