Friday, April 23, 2010

When opportunity knocks...

Sometimes opportunity knocks, but most of the time it sneaks up and then quietly steals away.
Doug Larson

When opportunity knocks, do you open the door and grab it or will you be too afraid and unknowingly allow opportunity to slip away? I nearly let an opportunity slipped away because I have too much doubts. I was too afraid to commit myself and face failure in the future because I was afraid to become a loser. But what I didn't know was if I let the opportunity slipped away, I will certainly be the loser.

Once upon a time, I would not even ponder my action and act on opportunities. My dad always say "Opportunities favor the prepared mind" and the saying stayed with me until recently... when all my actions need to be thoroughly analyzed and all decisions need to be supported by facts.

Is it because age is catching
up and I'm too afraid to lose? Is age making me timid in my decision making?

Bubbles told me, "Grab it because you have nothing to lose for if it's not your cup of tea then you can always let it go". Very wise indeed. I have found my courage and went for it!




The secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes. Opportunity doesn't knock twice.


No comments:

Post a Comment