Friday, March 27, 2009

A Rumor Victim

Rumor – tell tale, gossip, grapevine, tittle-tattle

Gossip - Idle, often sensational and groundless talk about others.


I found out today that there have been words spreading around about me by someone I hardly knew. Stories about me that I don’t even know about existed. I heard false-truth about my actions and thoughts.

In simple and short term: Rumors.

I, being someone who is already extremely low-profile at work have now become one of the main topics at conversations. Why would someone spread false-truth around? Something that would not benefit anyone, not even herself. In fact, I gathered the rumors actually do more harm to her than I.

I do pity people like her. Most probably she feels threatened and hopes too much to be accepted at work. Instead of being humble and learn the right way to adapt to her new environment, she uses the way that most of us who have been in this "industry" long enough to know to avoid and steer clear of. Which is back-stabbing someone respectable and a friend; especially when one are still new in the company.

Everyone who knows me well enough will know that I am a person who stays very far away from gossips and rumors. Anyone who deals with me also realizes that I am a down-to-earth person who will not ‘gosok’ people’s shoes or take advantage of others to climb-up corporate ladders. I find no reasons for that as I am also a person who enjoys making new friends and keeping them. Sometimes I might be too straight forward which causes me troubles with my bosses, but then who doesn’t! I mean get in trouble at work with bosses!

Exhausted; is the only word I can use to describe my feelings at this moment.

When can I get away from being the bulls-eye of the gossips arrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment