Saturday, October 3, 2009

The kopitiam craze

I love having crunchy toasts with bouncy half-boiled eggs and the strong aroma of delicious white coffee early in the morning. Most of the time I will opt for Old Town as the price is almost reasonable and the coffee is so awakening.



The success of Old Town Kopitiam was so great that soon there are cheap imitations of the coffee house found in almost every corner of Klang Valley. Just like cheap looking LVs in Petaling Street. Let me try to remember the names of those Old Town imitations.

1. Old Boy Kopitiam - This is funny… when a boy is old he is usually referred to as a man…



2. Old Taste Kopitiam - What I heard was the founder of this chain was a runaway from Old Town Kopitiam… Haha!

3. Georgetown White Coffee Kopitiam - I saw this recently in the newspaper… I always thought Georgetown is famous for their “Har Mee” Prawn Mee…

4. Papparich Kopitiam - okiee…a refreshing name comparing the above. At least the founder uses some creativity and not just simply jumps into the bandwagon of other’s success. Well, in an indirect way though. But I have to agree that at least the food is alright.

5. others others… I am kinda lazy to list down all others as I am now enjoying the tasty white coffee at Old Town Kopitiam located at Old Klang Road and getting kinda irritated by the lousy wi-fi connection. Sigh, should have gone to Pappa Rich just next door!

I might be unfair to others but I still think Old Town has the best Coffee despite the limited choice of food.

My mom mentioned once that they might have drugged the coffee to get me so addicted. Come to think of that, maybe! Or they might have drugged the eggs too as I am addicted to them as well! I too think their eggs are better than anywhere! Even those done at home :P Well, since Bubbles got his medical report today that shows a slight above average in cholesterol. So I can have his share now! Yippee!

If only I can have my own chain of Kopitiam with a unique name. Well, let me think of a few nice names that I can use:

1. Josy Kopitiam - nah! Too original…


2. Super Aroma Kopitiam - aiks! Sounds like some Reflexology turned Kopitiam type…

3. Grassy Scenery Kopitiam - I’m sure people will stay away from this place… as I too will not enter a place that implies they sell grass…

4. Forever 21 Kopitiam - hmmm… I might lose “OLDER” customers… those uncle-uncle type might be shy to enter the shop…

5. Delightful Taste Kopitiam - ehhh… not bad wor…maybe :P

Enough la! Not as if I will own one tomorrow. I will think of it when the time comes. Now just hope the time will come. No nooo…The law of attraction says must be positive…


The day will definitely COME! You wait!

See, I too am influenced by the Kopitiam-mania started by Old Town.



No comments:

Post a Comment