Sunday, October 4, 2009

Remembering the day dad left home... forever!

Today is the first anniversary of my daddy’s death. I have to say I’m not as emotional as I thought I would be. Thinking back to the same day last year, I had lunch with him and said our good byes before he was found dead. As today signifies his leaving us for exactly a year, I was quite sure I will cry me a river; just like Justin Timberlake’s song. However, I did thought of him for most of today but I did not shed a single tear because of him.

I am so proud of myself. I admit I did not let go of him since he passed away. Every time I think of him there would certainly be gloominess and misery as I truly missed him terribly.

**Click to view 04.10.08 blog on his death .... ***


Especially last night as our family celebrated Mid-Autumn Festival at home. Last year, he forced me to search high and low for mooncakes. He made a big fuss when my mom did not manage to buy any mooncakes for him.

My grandma certainly did had a lot of FUN!

Thanks to my mom who made this happened and for preparing so much food for us!

Bubbles who have been a great support in my life...

My bro too for being a good confidant since the day dad passed away.


Today, I am certain of one thing. I have moved on. Of course my heart still aches when I think of him. Of course he will forever have a special place in my heart and forever be missed, but today I realized that he would want us to live happily. He would want to see us having a great time and live well as a family. He would want my mom to live happily and safely. That was what he always wanted when he was still alive.

As for me, it is truly time to let go as 1 year has already passed in a blink of an eye. Life is so beautiful and there are so many adventures and chapters to unfold. It’s certainly cruel to stop myself from experiencing a remarkable life as god intend for me to.

With this, I would like to say my very last good bye to my daddy and hope he is living his remarkable and beautiful life wherever he is now.

Love you forever...



1 comment:

  1. Hai dear, how are you ? Happy to see u have a nice darling beside you ...
    I saw ur blogspot about ur father yesterday, remind me the day when i at kl n received the bad news. I cry on that night,my brain keep on the image when we go to ur hse to celebrate his birthday... but now ...i belive ur dad rest at paradise now...
    You are really strong girl !!! Hope u happy always !!!

    Cheers,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete