Sunday, October 25, 2009

Shanghai 10 @ Avenue K

Normally I would not specifically blog about food. However, a trip to Shangai 10 at Avenue K made me feels like heaven... I meant the food.... As I am not the usual food blogger, I will just simply state my true feelings...

First dish we ordered were the famous "xiu long bao". The delicious soup in the dumpling were oozing out as my teeth sanked into the soft skin of the dumpling. Oooh... heaven!
I have tasted this dish from quite a number of restaurant, but the sweetness of the soup and the meat of this dumpling from Shanghai 10 is something that I would prefer over the others.



Next comes the special noodles of the restaurant. My bf ordered a mild spicy soupy la mian, which was supposed to be another of their recommended dish.



Not as spicy as it looks though, and this can be categorized as those 'comfort food' type that is able to make you feel like life is free from problem... something like "chocolate in heaven"...
The slightly thick soup feels warm and comfortable when travelling down the throat....



This is certainly heaven-made! Durian Pancake...
The creamy texture of the fillings plus a hint of durian taste certainly made me feels so satisfying. The skin is soft, kinda like popiah but much smoother and softer. The colour of this dish compliments the taste as well, you know how they say visuals actually influence the taste buds. That's why professional chefs made so much effort in food creativity. Coming back to this, it is a must try for all.

Last on the list will the Avacado Rolls. Although we were quite full from the main dish, but this is another highly recommended item. The fried-meehon-like wrapping the avacado fillings made this such an adventurous venture for me. I usually don't fancy such food. However, the taste of this combo were hard to resist. The avocado fillings taste a little like 'kaya' but slightly stronger and less sweet. The fried-meehoon-like wrap were so crunchy that I felt like I was eating 'keropok'.... and after wiping out the whole dish, you just can't stop yourself from picking the small pieces of fried-meehoon-like and eating them like 'keropok'.... definitely a must try!


They have quite a number of set meals as well and the prices are quite reasonable taking in consideration that the food are quite presentable and with reasonable quality. However, the staff are not very well-trained. I would say the service from the staff did not compliment the delicious food at all. I would have gotten a 10% discount off the bill from Jusco membercard if the staff could just mention before the payment. Not until I ask them that they told me to see for myself as the tiny sad-looking sign for the discount were placed at the counter. Certainly a bad ending to such a wonderful food adventure...
Let's see when I will make another visit there again....with my Jusco membercard!

No comments:

Post a Comment